Wednesday, July 11, 2007
101 Things You Didn't Know About the Civil War: Places, Battles, Generals--Essential Facts About the War That Divided America
by Thomas Turner
From the publisher:
Do you know:
* Which state was the first to secede from the Union?
* Who the Mata Hari of the Civil War was?
* Which Bible passage Southerners most often used to justify slavery?
You'll find the answers to these intriguing questions and more in 101 Things You didn't Know About the Civil War. Packed with fascinating details about the people, places, and events that defined our nation's most contentious conflict, this tell-all guide reveals the inside scoop on the:
* Issue of slavery and its impact on the war
* Great--and not-so-great--leaders and generals
* Battles fought and lost--and fought again
* Particular horrors of this war
* Women, children, and African Americans in the war
Complete with a helpful timeline, 101 Things You Didn't Know About the Civil War is your go-to guide for facts of the war that dramatically altered the course of American history.
Thomas Turner, Ph.D., is a professor of history at Bridgewater State College, in Bridgewater, Massachusetts.
The exact day of release for this June title is unknown.