by Kate Hertzog
From the publisher:
For more than twenty years, the Insiders’ Guide® series has been the essential source for in-depth travel and relocation information—from true insiders whose personal, practical perspective gives you everything you need to know.
Gettysburg is a charming town and a premier destination for history buffs. Best known for the Battle of Gettysburg—a turning point in the Civil War—the area also offers a delightful blend of natural beauty, family attractions, unique shopping, and a thriving arts and entertainment scene. This authoritative guide will show you the many things to see and do in south central Pennsylvania.
Inside you'll find:
• Detailed information on touring Gettysburg National Military Park
• Comprehensive listings of restaurants, lodging, and recreation opportunities
• Countless details on how to live and thrive in the area, from the best shopping to the lowdown on real estate
• Easy day trips, including Hershey Park and Harrisburg
• Sections dedicated to children and retirement